Donegal County Museum is based in a fine old stone building, which was once part of Letterkenny Workhouse, which opened in 1845. The Museum houses a substantial collection of artefacts relating to the history and heritage of County Donegal.
The first floor exhibition tells the story of Donegal from Prehistory to the Twentieth Century. Temporary exhibitions covering a wide range of topics are held in the ground floor gallery throughout the year, with something to suit all ages and interests.
An event and education programme runs throughout the year on a wide variety of themes and topics.
The role of Donegal County Museum is to collect, record, preserve, communicate and display for the use and enjoyment of the widest community possible, the material evidence and associated information of the history of County Donegal.